Education Required: Bachelor of science or above in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, etc.)
Position start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
Group General Description
The Marine Systems Group undertakes the design of electrical, instrumentation, piping, safety and corrosion management systems onboard the WindFloat. The Marine Systems Group also leads the design of hull fitout arrangements and collaborates extensively with the Structures Group for the design of secondary and tertiary structures.
- Establish hull general arrangements and equipment layouts based on primary structure arrangements determined by others.
- Establish safety and accessibility design.
- Develop functional requirements and preliminary arrangements for secondary and tertiary structures and work with the Structures and Design Groups to finalize designs.
- Design the active ballast system.
- Design the low voltage electrical distribution system.
- Design and implement the WindFloat control system.
- Design the corrosion management system.
- Develop operations and maintenance documentation for hull fitout.
The Principal Engineer will provide subject matter expert (SME) level technical leadership, expertise, and support to the Marine Systems Group and across Principle Power’s global Engineering team. As a systems engineering role, the Principal Engineer’s primary competence shall be in leading the engineering of complex systems; expert level knowledge in each of the Marine Systems sub-disciplines is not required for this role. It is expected that the Principal Engineer shall be competent to serve as the Marine Systems point of contact for an assigned FEED, Detail Design, or fabrication support project.
This position reports to the Marine Systems Discipline Manager.
- Provide technical leadership and management for the Group’s activities related to assigned project(s).
- Work with Project Manager’s for assigned project(s) to manage the Group’s activities related to assigned project(s).
- Develop, supervise, check designs and deliverables as agreed for each assigned project.
- Approve designs and deliverables - as delegated by the Marine Systems Discipline Manager - assuring that all designs and deliverables are of an appropriate technical and professional standard.
- Provide senior engineering expertise across some of the critical areas of the Group’s responsibility.
- Support the definition, development, review and approval of Group procedures/processes.
- Support discipline development and improvement initiatives, including through the management of other engineers of the Group.
- Guide, train, mentor and/or develop other Engineers of the Group across several technical disciplines of the Group.
- Facilitate Group’s internal and external technical communications and interfaces.
- Manage Group’s scope of responsibility for assigned project(s).
- Perform, support and/or manage Group work product delivery and ensure quality work products.
- Review, check and/or approve technical work products generated by others in the Group.
Research and Development
- Actively generate and implement WindFloat product line improvements.
- Support the Group in the capture and implementation of project lessons learned to improve next generation WindFloat hull designs.
General Group Management and Communications
- Support in proactive recruitment of technical talent for the Group
- Support Group strategy, culture, and planning activities.
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor of science or above in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, etc.);
- Proven technical expertise and leadership skills in a field related to the group’s activities.
- Comprehensive experience in performing, reviewing and supervising systems engineering activities in a marine environment.
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience in an applicable field.
- A thorough understanding of risk management techniques for maritime projects.
- Strong technical skills and applied practical knowledge gained through real world experience.
- Strong communicator (written and oral), especially for technical topics.
- Systematic and detail-oriented.
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs under pressure, both directly and via delegation.
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable and experienced with:
- multicultural environments.
- working with Remote Teams in different time zones, and willing to bridge the gap.
- Authorized to Work in the job location you are applying to.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs