Education Required: Master’s degree in Offshore or Marine Engineering or related field; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Position start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
The Project Manager is part of the Project Management Group and reports to the Vice President of Engineering Operations.
The responsibility is to manage the contracts acquired by Business Development for WindFloat projects around the globe, requiring a detailed engineering knowledge in the field of offshore energy projects to understand and manage complex engineering work scopes. Depending on contracts the scope of works covers support to Customer, or his representation, for fabrication and (offshore) operations.
The Project Manager is the main contact for the Customer and is fully responsible for the delivery as per customer requirements, on-time, within budget and without Quality or HSE incidents
- Lead the Principle Power team to deliver the contractually agreed scope safely in time, budget and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Support new business by providing experience to the Business Development team
- Support an open exchange between sales, study and execution projects and engineering to improve product and service of Principle Power
- Take on the role of a Project Engineering Manager for certain work packages, based on own engineering skills.
In this role, in execution phase, the Project Manager will:
- Plan, schedule, organize resources according to project’s requirements
- Manage a budget and ensure project profitability
- Ensure quality of the deliverables
- Manage the contract commercially and contractually, incl. management of change
- deliver on-time reports, drawings and technical queries following the master Document Registers and the project schedule
- Interface with customers (developers, utilities, …) in cooperation with Business Development, managing expectations in order to foster a sustainable relationship
- Interface with internal HSE, Engineering, Finance, Fabrication, Operations and Business Development teams
- Interface with external subcontractors working on the project
- Be able to create and follow work-flow processes and manage Customer site support and execution activities
- Interact with legal teams to implement various contract requirements, service agreements, NDA, etc. or help in the creation of new contracts after negotiations.
- Provide of regular internal and external reporting
- Do a postmortem at the end of each project to collect lessons learnt and best practices
Skills & Competencies
- In depth knowledge of renewable energy/power, technology and offshore Industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Minimum 10 years of directly applicable professional experience: Project and/or Engineering Management experience
- Ability to manage a project commercially and contractually
- Understanding of the technical and commercial drivers of an offshore wind farm project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Project Management software tools such as MS Project.
- Experience in floating system engineering and Familiarity with hydrodynamic analysis, mooring analysis, structural analysis, and mechanical systems
- Ability to read and follow and interpret both contract requirements and engineering documentation
- Proficiency in scheduling multiple workflows in a large project
- Systematic and detail-oriented approach to deliver high-quality outputs both within defined schedules and with short notice
- Initiatives, process and results oriented with high degree of responsibility for project
- Ability to interface with other business units and upper management.
- Ability to produce clear and well written documentation in English.
- Ability to learn in fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality results to co-workers and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English and Japanese
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Customer-minded and collaborative, with strong interpersonal, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and willing to travel abroad to support responsibilities
- Willingness to bridge the time gap between US and Europe