Education Required: Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline advantageous but not required. Relevant professional experience will also be considered.
Position start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will play a crucial role in our design and drafting team, responsible for 3D modeling of the innovative WindFloat platform. Your expertise will support all engineering disciplines in the creation and maintenance of drawing deliverables.
Your main responsibilities will involve performing and supervising 3D modeling and 2D drafting tasks specifically related to the design of the WindFloat platforms and related equipment. Collaborating closely with engineers from various disciplines, you will contribute to the production of accurate 3D models and 2D drawings.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to lead design and drafting efforts on a project basis, acting as the primary point of contact between Project Managers/Engineers and our team members, as well as external contractors.
This position offers a unique chance to be part of an innovative and impactful company, where your skills and leadership will directly contribute to the success of our engineering endeavors.
- Developing 3D models: Utilize your expertise in Solidworks to create accurate 3D models of the WindFloat platforms and subsystems. These models will serve as the foundation for the project deliverables.
- Creating precise 2D drawings: Using the 3D models as the basis for 2D drawings using SolidWorks, as well as producing mechanical end schematic drawings using AutoCAD, and ensuring the accuracy and adherence to design specifications. These drawings will be essential for project success.
- Promote and establish design and drafting standards: Take the lead into further developing and implementing design and drafting standards and processes to ensure consistency, efficiency, and high-quality output across the team.
- Providing leadership and mentorship: Serve as a source of guidance and inspiration for other designers and drafters. Share your knowledge and expertise, providing mentorship and training to support their professional growth and strengthen the team.
- Supervising contractors: Take responsibility for overseeing contractors on a project basis, ensuring their work aligns with project requirements, is consistent and of high standards, and maintaining effective communication between them and the internal team.
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in Design & Drafting for pre-FEED/FEED/Detailed design.
- Expertise in 3D design software: Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Solidworks.
- Experience with large assembly best practices
- Proficient in 2D drafting using AUTOCAD.
- Experience organizing 3D part and assembly files in the Solidworks PDM Vault.
- English proficiency level C1 is mandatory both written and spoken.
- Additional language skills will be considered an advantage, particularly French, Portuguese and Japanese.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-time zone environment.
- Able to work independently.
- Systematic, and detail oriented.
- Experience in the Naval Architectural / Offshore Engineering industry is considered beneficial.
- Authorization to work in the location you apply for.