Education Required: Master of science or above in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.)
Position start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
In the context of our multiple worldwide projects on the next generation of WindFloat® platforms, we would like to reinforce our Engineering team with a Senior Global Performance Engineer/Naval Architect. Principle Power is focused on the commercial-scale deployment of floating wind farms. The successful candidate will work on the engineering and design of the next generation of offshore floating wind turbines.
The Senior Engineer is capable to carry out the engineering work with minimum guidance to share the Global Performance Group responsibilities. This position reports to the Global Performance Discipline Manager.
The Global Performance Group splits its focus between the execution of engineering activities in support of current commercial projects and the execution of R&D studies to optimize the performance and ultimately reduce the cost of the WindFloat technology for future projects.
- Hull global sizing based on project specific conditions (Metocean data, site/project specifics including facilities, wind turbine selected).
- Stability analysis for pre-service and in-service conditions
- Global performance analysis including Design Load Case philosophy, motion analysis, airgap analysis and load calculations.
- Active ballast system specification and modelling
- Internal engineering interface with Structures, Marine Systems, Mooring/Cables and Installation
- Internal interface with Project Management, Business Development, Technology
- External interface with wind turbine manufacturers, Classification Societies, and Clients
- Load-out and commissioning technical support during execution.
Position Main Accountabilities
- Perform, support and/or manage Group work product delivery and ensure quality work products on commercial engineering studies and projects.
- Develop engineering competencies across many of the critical areas of the Group’s responsibility.
- Support the definition, development, review and approval of design methodologies, numerical models, and design procedures/processes.
- Support the selection of internal or external design tools/software
- Support discipline development and improvement initiatives, including through the management of other Engineers of the Group.
- Guide, train, mentor and/or develop Graduate Engineers of the Group across all technical disciplines of the Group.
- Facilitate Group’s internal and external technical communications and interfaces.
Skills & Competencies
- Master of science or above in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.);
- Proven technical skills in the field of hydrodynamics and aerodynamics. Knowledge of structure dynamics and/or mooring systems is an advantage
- Comprehensive experience in performing aerodynamic and hydrodynamic analysis, design and engineering deliverables;
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in the design of floating offshore structures for pre-FEED/FEED/Detailed design. Design of floating wind platforms would be an advantage;
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience working with hydrodynamics and aerodynamics tools such as Rhino, Orca3D, WAMIT, OrcaFlex and openFAST or equivalent software.
- Proficiency in the programing languages (Python or Matlab)
- Strong technical skills (numerical modeling and data analysis)
- Strong communicator (written and oral), especially for technical topics.
- Systematic and detail-oriented;
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs under pressure;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Proficient with Written and Spoken English
- Proficient with Technical Written and Spoken English and in producing all technical documents and/or reports
- Authorized to work in the location you apply to